MRI scans for newborn babies are not an everyday occurrence and pose special challenges for everyone involved due to the difficulty of achieving safe and stable positioning. To meet the high demands of this procedure, the BabyFix Cocoon was developed in close collaboration with experts from the fields of neonatology, anesthesia and pediatric radiology.
The BabyFix Cocoon accomplishes Ideal conditions for a safe and careful examination procedure for newborn babies in the MRI scanner.
Increased sense of wellbeing for parents and child
- The slim design and the separate head and body fixation enable the mother to continue breastfeeding, thus facilitating close contact between her and the child during preparation for the scan. Careful, pressure-free positioning with soft, pleasant materials.
Optimised work flow
- Easy to use and intuitive enabling routine-based work in interdisciplinary teams.
Increased patient safety
- Stable, stretched and centered positioning of the baby’s head and body possible without any problems, even in narrow coils.
Improved image quality
- High-quality materials can be cleaned easily and consistently until they are free of all residues, thereby facilitating reliable protection.
- Permanent monitoring of vital functions through an integrated viewing window and simple routing and strain relief for monitoring cables via an in-built hose stopper.
Purpose: Positioning aid for the immobilization of newborns (2 to 5 kg) during MR imaging.
Compatibility: Compatible with various head coils.
Materials: TPU Foil, EPS Pearls
Labeling: CE, Non sterile, MR safe, Rx only
Packaging: 665 x 340 mm
Storage: Dry, room temperature.